And this is why some people hate Javascript

Working on our VLF application, I ran into a problem for our Microsoft Edge users: If the command handler window was expanded (the draggable bar pulled upwards) beyond a certain point, only the filter window contracted. Not the instance list and thereby effectively nor the command handler window.

The problem comes from resizing of the table cells, the function VF_SY001_PRIVATE_SizeInstanceList_Height in VF_XXNNN.js.

So I chose to overwrite the function in an additional javascript file, if the user is in Edge:

window.setTimeout(function() {
if (window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Edge") > -1) {
var func = VF_SY001_PRIVATE_SizeInstanceList_Height;
VF_SY001_PRIVATE_SizeInstanceList_Height = function(sHeight) {
func(sHeight);
let nHeight = parseInt(sHeight);
nHeight = nHeight + 24;
nHeight = "" + nHeight + "px";
document.getElementById("VF_UM011_Container").style.height = nHeight;
};
}
}, 1000);

I set the func variable to the original function, overwrite the function to call the original plus some extra code. Now I just need it tested by others.

Lansa Editor still rewrites my code

A follow-up to the other post from last year, I have now experienced this in a new and disturbing way.

I realize that this code is not pretty but it was just a quick job that I would fix later. In this case, I added some javascript that would append an HTML element with an attribute. The javascript used double-pings (“) and the attribute would then use pings (‘):

2017-02-14_090415

Unfortunately, when checking in the changes the Lansa Editor changed the pings to double-pings, rendering my code buggy.

Switching technology services

I have now had the help from Lansa support for a very specific problem. We have a number of solutions, some of which use the XHTML technology service, some the PPC_XHTML technology service.

None of these solutions use more than one technology service.

PPC_XHTML is no longer supported by Lansa so when we upgraded to v.14 this presented a problem. Support found a way to make it work and we continued, making only minor adjustments to the code.

Now we have been upgraded to v.14.1 and something broke in the process.

It can still be made to work but we can only have either XHTML or PPC_XHTML working at the same time. Due to a deadline we will live with that for a short time and then we will start the migration of the PPC_XHTML solutions.

The work-around is this:

Getting XHTML to work: Use Tools -> Import to import the v.14.1. weblets. Done.

Getting PPC_XHTML to work: Use Tools -> Import to import the old v.12 weblets. Check out the specific design weblets made for our solution. Check out the WAM that we need to work with. Done.

So, not bad but not optimal either. That is of course the problem using a technology that is no longer supported.